paulkienitz
paulkienitz Veteran Member • Posts: 5,428
Re: K-3 ?

jhmos wrote:

Jim in Hudson wrote:

jhmos wrote:

viking79 wrote:

gillamoto wrote:

just out of curiousity, does K-3 sell good?

I don't think we are privy to that information, I don't think Ricoh discloses specific model sales figures.

Bottom line is it shouldn't matter to a user how well a camera sells.

Eric

I think it does matter. No one is going to make good lenses and accessories for a camera that does not sell.

For lenses, it doesn't matter at all. What specific accessory are you interested in?

For me, nothing K-3 specific but its a pity that extension tubes with all the contacts and linkages not readily available. Other people are often commenting of this or that not being made for Pentax cameras.

For lenses, surely it must matter. I seem to recall reading of particular third party lenses being discontinued for Pentax due to lack of sales and many questions of 'when will lens X be made in Pentax mount?'.

The lens comment from me was based on the fact that every Pentax DSLR can use any lens made in K-mount so it doesn't matter which Pentax camera model is selling. They all count as a K-mount sale.

Further, any time I even thought about Micro Four Thirds or Fujifilm's X-mount, one exhaustive look at their lens lineups stopped me dead in my tracks. Compared to those MILC formats, us Pentaxains are literally flooded in lens options. For example, there are only two m43 UWA zooms -- one $700 and the other $1000. You can get a K-mount in that type for not much more than $400 (Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6).

Same is true at the other end... there are no mirrorless long teles without using an adapter.

-- hide signature --

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand." -- Ansel

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow