what is this?....maybe time to go m43

Started Jan 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
ChromeDome
ChromeDome Senior Member • Posts: 1,417
Re: what is this?....maybe time to go m43

Andrew MM wrote:

I have a Pany LX7 and having an issue with this white band on areas of contrast-especially when pushing DR. The shot OCC looks the usual LX7 flat (it gets noisy when adding contrast in camera) so I pp in photoshop (contrast, midtone and highlight adjustment), and suddenly on the horizon this white band appears. Never happened with my DSLR. Seems like chromatic aberrations, but using the usual purple fringing fixes of course does nothing. Really it isn't that high of a contrast area just a dramatic change of color. Any ideas? Shows up with printing. Been thinking it might be time to upgrade to a GM1 or Oly...

Hi  Andrew,

I agree with everyone else here re: sharpening, but you can also introduce a halo effect when attempting to darken skies a bit too much by reducing the luminance of Blues and Purples.  Is it possible that you've increased contrast, been a little over zealous with the sharpening and also attempted to darken a pale sky a bit?

Regards,

Greg

ChromeDome's gear list:ChromeDome's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS 50D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M5 II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +40 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow