Do I have potential?

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 25,351
You're welcome

NewGirlLiz wrote:

One last thank you. (Sorry if this is getting boring!)

Thanks Roel. Brilliant advice. Yes it's St Ives. And yes, there are places here that I do go back to again and again (for example the old jetty in pic #4, which is only visible on a very low tide) trying to get the shot that makes me feel that I've finally got the one I want!

A true photographer's best practice

I'll definitely do what you suggested and look up other people's pics and see what I like about them. Great advice. And thanks so much for the link. I didn't know about that forum and will make it a weekly wednesday visit.

Please do.  You will find it rewarding.  But don't limit yourself to posting a pic and expecting feedback.  You should really also get into the fray of commenting on other people's images (with more than just "nice" or "great pic", but with real comments.  From my experience, GIVING motivated feedback is at least as important in improving your own photo skills als GETTING feedback.

Thanks so much - and to everyone else. I know that people sometimes get into controversial subjects and get into conflict with each other on this site, but my experience up to now is that people are extremely knowledgeable and very generous with their wisdom and advice, and it is much appreciated.

Best wishes

Liz

Just for fun: my take on that same jetty:

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow