Do I have potential?

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer Veteran Member • Posts: 8,129
Re: Do I have potential?

NewGirlLiz wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I really do want to learn to use Lightroom or Elements or something one day

Hi Liz

I was in your shoes not so long ago. I am pleased with the decisions I made regarding post processing so I feel confident in making this recomendation to you...

When you are ready to start making your images pop more than you can problably imagine right now start with Julieanne Kost's tutorials on Lightroom. You don't even need to download the trial. Just watch to give you an idea what awaits you when your brain isn't bursting with to much new stuff.

My recommendation is  to forget about PhotoShop for now. It is harder to learn and use, in addition to being much more expensive. Lightroom will serve you well. Someday you may need/want the added capabilities that Photoshop provides but this is not that day.

I started simple using the built in presets and gradually became familiar with more and more aspects of the develop module.

You photos clearly demonstrate basic understanding of composition. You obviously aren't just shooting randomly.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow