Do I have potential?

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
harvo Regular Member • Posts: 364
Re: Do I have potential?

Nice group of photos. I like them all. I am an amateur from way back. About 1.5 years ago I got an EM5 with the 12-50 kit. I just upgraded to an EM1 with the 12-40 for a trip to the Mediterranean in May. Just after I got the EM5 we went to southern Spain, Paris, and Israel. I took lots of photos. Some I think are pretty good. However, I too was overwhelmed trying to set up the camera and decided since I didn't know anything about editing that I would just shoot jpegs. Last spring we went to Australia and New Zealand. I took RAW and jpeg. I began PP with ACR. The difference in the quality of photographs of the two trips is amazing due to the editing. I regret not taking RAW on the 1st trip. Much of the editing done in ACR or LightRoom is very easy and can be learned rapidly. The rest is a lifetime endeavor. ACR and LightRoom are almost the same for editing. There are frequent discounts on LightRoom and if you are a teacher or student you can get a discount for that.

I would hate to see your head explode, but be sure to take RAW + jpeg from the beginning. You can then go back and edit your favorites any time.

I am currently reading The Adobe Photoshop Book for digital photographers by Scott Kelby. It is easy to follow and I have learned a lot and forgot more than half of it already. He covers ACR editing in the first 120 pages with lots of pictures and tips. I highly recommend it. I got it from the library and will keep checking it out and others til most of it sinks in.

Be sure to get a couple extra batteries. Have fun.

Harvo

harvo's gear list:harvo's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow