Do I have potential?

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Jim Salvas
Jim Salvas Veteran Member • Posts: 5,330
Re: Do I have potential?

The short answer is "yes." If you remove the first shot and the one of the dog, you would have an even better set. These two are not strong compositions, but the others are.

You show a nice appreciation for the frame. By that, I mean you have leading lines that respect the frame edges and direct the viewer, as well as compositions which are appropriate for the aspect ratio of the images.

Mainly, you're not doing anything terribly wrong. There is a tendency among novices to center everything (horizons, dogs, eyes, etc.), but you've avoided this.

I was a little surprised at the harsh contrast in the sea wall pic (I think the second shot), but then I saw it was an iPhone pic. Too bad you don't have that one with the E-M1.

Keep shooting and sharing.

EDIT: Try the shot of the trees as a square crop. I think you'll find it works well that way.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow