Do I have potential?

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
brentbrent Senior Member • Posts: 2,885
Re: Do I have potential?

I don't have any grand ambitions either.  It's an entertaining hobby for me, and I shoot for my own enjoyment mostly, and for friends and family.  It is fun, though, to enter challenges here and see how you do, or post some pics and get constructive criticism, all to try to get better at it.  Just about anything you do, it's better to do it well.  We all have the potential to improve.

I like the images you posted.  I think you'd be amazed what you can do with your images if you shoot raw and post process in Lightroom or similar.  Particularly your high-contrast shots could benefit from that; sliders in LR let you darken blown-out highlights and brighten overly dark shadows.  I find it fun to play with.  If the computer side of it doesn't attract you, though, just continue as you choose.

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow