Do I have potential?

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NewGirlLiz Regular Member • Posts: 447
Do I have potential?

I've been following this forum for a few weeks now, and have learned so much already. I would now like to take a new step and ask for some feedback on some photos of my own.

Please bear in mind - I only upgraded from point and shoots a few months ago. I shoot all pics as jpegs and I have not as yet learned anything about post processing. I am not sharing these photos as examples of fine photography, and I am extremely shy about displaying them in the same forum that so many amazing photos are shared. But I figure that everyone started somewhere and I think it would be amazing if some of you brilliant photographers had any words of wisdom that could help me develop what is quickly becoming a passionate obsession.

I guess what I'm asking is - do you see any potential in these photographs? Do you think that with learning - including learning about post processing further down the line - and with lots of practice, I have got something that could be built on to become a decent photographer one day? What am I doing right? What am I doing wrong? What can I do to get better?

I don't have any grand ambitions. I don't want to be a professional photographer. I'd love to share my photos more widely one day, but at this point I just want to learn, learn, learn!

Many thanks for your time. Here are the pics. Mostly taken with EM1 & 12-40 lens. A couple taken on a compact in there too. I hope I haven't posted too many. I wanted to give a good selection of the kind of thing I shoot.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Liz

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow