Which Camera to take on a Cruise??? 6D or S100

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
DonA2
DonA2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,306
Re: I think it depends on your goals of the trip

My wife and I have been on many cruises taking only an SZ and a S100.  Also I have available an older SZ for back up.  The S100 is actually my wife's which not only is all she needs but serves well in places where anything larger is not welcome.  MY SZ is currently an SX40hs which I find almost essential for the very wide zoom range.  Believe me that range is fully utilized.

Having gone through the SLR thing years ago there is no way I would pack that stuff around on a trip today.  Simply not worth it! All my photo gear goes into one small shoulder bag, including a flash, mini tripod, charger, filter and many SDs.  The cam also has a lens hood left attached.

I am quite fussy on photo quality but that shouldn't take away from just enjoying the sites.  When travelling with a group be prepared to 'point and shoot' or get left behind.  Personally I shoot lots, 2 to 3 shots on the important ones.  On a 2 to 3 week trip I come home with 2 to 3,000.  Only JPEGS which are quickly weeded through and the best edited in Picasa.  Life is too short for more complication.

DonA2's gear list:DonA2's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow