Which Camera to take on a Cruise??? 6D or S100

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,590
Re: Which Camera to take on a Cruise??? 6D or S100

Clay King wrote:

Going on a week long cruise in less than a month. I'm trying to decide which camera to bring with me. I'm concerned about airports, foreign countries, etc... I don't know if I really want to bring the 6D and a couple lenses, or just bring the Canon S100. The cruise will go from Ft. Lauderdale, to Key West to Grand Cayman, to Ocho Rios Jamaica back to Ft. Lauderdale. I can live with the S100, but I love my 6D.

Anybody have any wisdom from experience to offer???

As you love your 6D you may regret taking anything 'inferior'.  If it was me I'd take the 6D and the EF24-105 (which I appreciate you may not have) - it's a great travel lens covering most eventualities both on board and when you disembark.  Plus just that lens and the 6D is not too much of a pain to carry.

Somebody else mentioned the EOS M and the 18-55 which would be a smaller alternative and not far off the 6D in terms of image quality - but check you can get on with viewing on an LCD, especially in direct sun.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow