Which Camera to take on a Cruise??? 6D or S100

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Lumixdude Senior Member • Posts: 2,782
Re: Which Camera to take on a Cruise??? 6D or S100

Clay King wrote:

Lumixdude wrote:

Really? You're going on a holiday and you want to lug around a full frame DSLR and a bag full of lenses? The S100 is a better choice, but I'd look at getting a small APS-C camera, you'd pick up an EOS M for next to nothing in todays market and make full use of maybe one or two of your lenses with an EF mount. You'd also love to have the 22mm prime for what you're doing as well.

I wasn't planning on a bag full, maybe just the 40 pancake, the 85 f/1.8 and the 70-300 IS USM. Instead of the 85, I could take the 24-105 or a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8. I hadn't thought about the eos-m, but I can get one of them with the 18-55 on it for $356 on amazon right now, and that might be the way to go. Price goes up to $399 for the 22 prime...

Thanks for the idea, I am going to have to think long and hard about that...

Well you're going to be paying for your luggage and then you're going to have to cart it around, so its something to think about. You're going to want better quality shots than what the S100 can provide, and it's not very often you get the chance to do travel photography, so I'd seriously look into it. I mention the EOS M body primarily because you have a bag full of lenses already. You could take one of your zooms and pretty much be done with it and still have APSC quality images. The IQ you will get out of the EOS M will be on par with a 700D it just wont be much fun at night, but you could stow your S100 away for those times where the EOS M is being more temperamental.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow