D7100 substantially better AF than D7000??

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fred Mueller Senior Member • Posts: 2,528
Re: agree with anothermike

Hi Jim,

About my 7000s ...

Yes I know all of the specs and went thru all of the "learning" trying out every imaginable "fix" and drove myself a little nuts with the 7000 bodies I had (including returinng the first one).  In fact the responses I got about "proper technique", "skills", and "ignorance" got pretty annoying (I am not annoyed by your comments - tho I do feel a need to respond).

When I got the 700 it was like the sky parted and the sun came out and I was so darn relieved, the best thing being that the baggage of self-doubt just lifted away.

My 7000s just did not have precision, in hind sight the issue is very clear (pun) to me, and I still have the files to prove it to myself, if not anyone else. Both of mine were early run bodies.

My 600 is better, and in a way even faster than my 700, but jumpy, and less good than it should be in low warm light where it will tend to back focus some of my lenses; in other words, trending in the same way the 39pt array behaved in the 7000.  But usable.

OF all the cameras I have had I prefer the 700 AF still, but the 600 IQ is just a step up and hard to do without.

My2cents

Fred

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow