a7r shutter vibration discussion

Started Jan 20, 2014 | Discussions thread
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 24,827
Re: shutter vibration discussion

robert1955 wrote:

Truth is there is quite lot of evidence [do your own google], including well conducted testing after initial observations that A7r under some circumstances delivers results that are not as good as should be expectedn that shuttershock can happen with the A7r. You're free of course to call that evidence into question, or say that the effect is not visible under your viewing circumstances, but the you will have to participate in the discussion, not try to stifle it.

I'm sure you are aware that the A&r does not have an electronic first curtain. Don't know about the time delay, but that is at best a limited work-around, not a solution.

captura wrote:

I did not refute that the evidence of Shutter Shock or other similar effect in other cameras. Specifically, Sony's original NEX-3 & 5 models had it. Consequently Sony introduced the e. first curtain shutter. I have personally witnessed the effect with my 2 Olympus cameras and the solution for me was to employ the 1/8 second delay offered in the menu.

My point was again; there is no evidence of this phenomena in the A7r.

A lot of hot air. How many useless threads have there been on the subject on this forum?

Either present your evidence or if you don't (because you can't,) then search some more. Using Google or any other means.  I've argued this subject with lots of others, on two different forums. It always comes down to the same thing; no evidence. The M43 people would simply love for your stuff to be true, because they are backers of the EM-1, which is a camera that I actually admire. The EM-1 actually does have Shutter Shock.

You cannot back up your statements but want to continue in a propaganda-like manner. So you must be a Troll.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow