Custom White Balance on the RX100 mk2
My question is this: "What is the easiest way of setting a custom WB AND internittently using the flash with the RX100 mk2?"
I take a lot of indoor shots. Often there is mixed lighting and this can confuse the Auto WB on my RX100 - so I would like to use Custom WB. (I use JPEGs rather than RAW.)
I tend to mix flash shots and non-flash shots indoors and this really gives me a problem.
I can set the Custom WB to match the room lighting but then when I choose to use the flash I have to remeber to change the WB back to Auto and then back to Custom for the non-flash shots.
Unfortunately, to do this on the RX100 takes rather a lot of button pushes and doesnt seem very well thought out. I have WB included on the menu options for the Fn button. However, for some reason, if you access WB this way then the ability to Set a custom WB is not available - you can only select an existing white balance, including Custom. Setting a Custom WB is only available by going through the Menu button i.e.:
Press Menu -> Go to Page 3 -> Scroll Down to White Balance and select ->Scroll down to Set WB and select -> Take a picture -> Select the newly set WB
If you have the flash turned on already, then stragely the flash fires when setting the WB. (Maybe this is useful if you need a custom flash WB setting but I have never wanted this.)
On my Olympus XZ-2 the whole thing is much easier because of the following:
(1) You can assign "One Touch WB Set" to one of the custom buttons. Then all you have to do is point the camera at something white and press this function button. This takes the picture and sets the WB - without you having to even use the shutter button.
(2) Once custom WB is set if you turn the flash on then the WB automatically reverts to Auto/flash. (This behaviour can be enabled/disabled if you want.)
This makes it much more convenient to use Custom WB with the Olympus.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO