How does FE 55mm perform in crop as a 85mm lens??

Started Jan 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
dave92029 Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: How does FE 55mm perform in crop as a 85mm lens??

Kiril Karaatanasov wrote:

zither wrote:

I'm currently having A7 and Nikon 85mm/f1.8 D lens with adaptor.

FE 55mm got very good review as a standard prime. But i'm just wondering how it will perform under crop mode as a 85mm (82.5mm precisely) compared with the Nikon lens.

I know I will only be able to use 10M pixels out of A7, but I also got AF so it's not a bad deal and 10M is enough for most of my usages.

My biggest concerns are DOF, IQ and shutter speed. Will they be shallower/better or at least comparable with the Nikon lens or any other 85mm full frame prime under the same aperture setting

Inserting pictures here is nightmare so you can loo into my gallery on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kirilk/

Thank you for the link to your Flicker gallery.  Glancing at your images, it is very apparent when you switched to the a7 from the NEX 7. There is a very noticeable improvement in the IQ between the two camera bodies. I don't know how much of this improvement was due to different glass, if any or simply the aps-c vs FF, but it is a big difference in IQ.

Dave

dave92029's gear list:dave92029's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha a7 Sony a6000 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow