Proffessional interest in Mirrorless/M43 overstated...

Started Jan 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
Lindsay D Contributing Member • Posts: 649
Re: Proffessional interest in Mirrorless/M43 overstated...

Ulfric M Douglas wrote:

Skeeterbytes wrote:

... It's important to understand that as opposed to the general belief that pros are always on the bleeding cutting edge of technology, the opposite is true. They instead are restrained by their inherent inertia--the fear that a change to the established and proven path can lead to failure....

This! What skeeter says is true.

Heck, the last real professional I talked to on a job was doing informal portraits with bounced flash in a museum with a Canon 20D

20D!

Providing your equipment serves you well, for the stuff you shoot, and your clients are happy, then there is not much justification in changing. I will disagree with Skeeterbytes though, and I must stress that professionals are largely governed by economics and change has to be justifiable, particularly if you're a part-time professional - it is not about "wanton inertia". I'm amazed by the blanket misconceptions floating around this forum about how professionals think and work.

I still have my Canon 40D and I happen to love that camera, I will not part with it (even though I also have 5D MkIIIs, which I should get rid of). However I know an awful lot of amateurs who pride themselves on having the latest and greatest, and I put that down to a degree of insecurity in some cases, and it doesn't improve their pictures.

One of my favourite photographers, who is very well qualified and hugely successful as a full-timer, shoots only with her 5D mkI. And her work is dazzling.

I can clearly remember when the 20D came out and it was the camera we had all been waiting for ... and it wasn't that long ago.

-- hide signature --

www.lindsaydobsonphotography.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow