New to DSLR: questions.

Started Jan 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,865
no need

erfmedeiros wrote:

Hi everyone...

I've finally decided to start learning photography, so I got this (very) used D70s, since this stuff here in Brazil is obscenely overpriced.

Long story short, previous owner did not have the data cable. I noticed the original Nikon cable has some sort of filter near the end. I tried an ordinary standard USB cable but windows doesn't recognize it. So, is there a problem with the camera, do I have to use a cable with the bulky filter, am I not setting the camera correctly before plugging in, or none of the above?

More questions later.

Cheers!

Cable might not be compatible (more likely the software in the computer set up wrong) but shouldn't matter as you can simply use a card reader to move the files to your computer. That is the recommended way to do it. I actually never used the supplied cable to connect my D70 to a computer. In fact, I've never connected any DSLR to the computer directly as the chances for file corruption go up and no need really as a card reader is way simpler.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow