Why I am not buying the X-T1

Started Jan 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
mistermejia Veteran Member • Posts: 3,340
Re: Why I am not buying the X-T1

dan the man p wrote:

I find it odd that it seems like a lot of people on this forum (not the OP, just from a casual observation of recent posts) are so interested in this camera. Isn't it just an XE-2 with a bigger EVF and shaped like a DSLR? Seems to me like lenses would be a much better investment for those actually wanting to improve their photography, instead of buying the newest body every 6 months. Incidentally, I thought one of the things that many people loved about the X cameras to date was that they don't have the DSLR form factor.

Note, I'm not an X-system owner (though I might be interested some day), just an outside observer reading the forums because I do like to hear about the latest toys even if I'm not going to buy them.

Dan

Sooner or later the look of a body is going to change, some how. There is nothing wrong with that. This new fuji camera is still a fuji. That's what matters.

Wait until you see that HUUUUUGE view finder, then let's see if you still express yourself the same way

I bought a nikon F5 about two years ago and i was so in love with that view finder. Since then i have always wanted that type of view finder in a danm good modern DX body. I always thought i would have to go FF to get it. Well, guess what!? I can't wait to see that sucker!

But yes, there is nothing wrong in buying the best glass you can get.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jrk
iau
jfw
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow