Correct voltage for external battery 6d ?
I have bought a power adapter from ebay which should be put into the battery slot and connected to a DC source of about 7.2...8 volts. So a sixpack NiMH AA should work, but the open voltage when fresh charged is 8.1...8.4 volts measured with my multimeter. Normal AA rechargeables have an open voltage of 1.35..1.4V when freshly charged, so this is correct as it is exactly 6 times that voltage. Because of this (slight) overvoltage I am reluctant to connect it.
Does this damage the camera ?
Ricoh KR-5 ... Pentax ME Super ... Canon T90 ... ... ... 40d ... 7d ... 6d
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%