Sold all Canon gear - want to switch to Nikon, need some suggestions please.Thanks

Started Jan 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
Paul Belanger Forum Member • Posts: 84
Re: Sold all Canon gear - want to switch to Nikon, need some suggestions please.Thanks

Well there are deals out there. Just prior to Christmas I purchased a D7100 kit, C/W 18-140 lens, extra Nikon battery, and a small carry bag (which was incidental to me as I use a lowpro system) all in a box set.

Got all that for C$1299. That left a bit for two 16GB 95M Sandisk cards C$116 and am still awaiting a $1.05 third party lens hood from China. That will be an equivalent, or in the same class, as the 70D you are quoting at 2K, so well within your budget.

I would recommend the purchase of a CNX-2 program (about $160) to go with that, a bit clunky but I like the results. ViewNX comes free online.

Have getting up to speed on this and find it an improvement over my D90 D300 combo.

So overall you can be well under the 2K with an up to date Nikon brand prosumer starter system  that works. Safe to say it would be easy to sell if you don't like it after a while.

-- hide signature --

gprb

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow