Working on my focus technique

Started Jan 20, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tahoe22 Regular Member • Posts: 254
Working on my focus technique

Recently I have been fighting with focus in my images. So I thought I would try something and ask you guys/gals your opinion. I used my d7000 on a cheap tripod vs. hand held. I am only looking at focus and sharpness. The first 4 were taken at two focal lengths using two different f stops. The last 2 were taken at 200mm using two different f stops. All the photos are how they came out of camera with no post processing other then changing them to jpeg’s. The lens was an older (5yrs) kit lens 55-200…F4 – 5.6 and sun at my back. The white siding doesn’t help much but I wanted to use this bird house as the subject. I measured and they were taken just about at 20ft. The focus point was between top of door and the hole. The final 2 photos were hand held within a few minutes of the first 4. First of all….I am a little stumped why the came out darker when I used the same settings. Second is…..can you see any difference in focus vs. the first 4?

Sorry if this so long

Thanks...

tahoe22's gear list:tahoe22's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +1 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow