Canon efs 60 macro lens

Started Dec 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
sleibson Regular Member • Posts: 440
Re: Canon efs 60 macro lens

I've been interested in macrophotography since the 1970s. I just used my Canon 60mm macro today with my 60D to shoot the partially shattered remains of a friend's antique ivory carving for restoration estimates.The resulting images are excellent in showing the textures of the broken surfaces and the intricate carving.

The Canon 60mm macro is the easiest-to-use macro lens I have ever worked with in three decades of marco work. Exposure is a snap, just like any Canon lens. The Canon 60mm macro lens will autofocus quite well, but with macro work I find I must nearly always focus manually when photographing 3D objects due to the extremely shallow depth of focus. You must decide what will and won't be in focus. This isn't the lens' fault.

The Canon 60mm macro is an excellent sharp lens and I readily and heartily recommend it for someone just starting with macrophotogaphy.

-- hide signature --

Steve

--
Steve Leibson
www.sleibson.com
Shooting with Canons for 40 years

sleibson's gear list:sleibson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow