Pricing for Product Photos?

Started Jan 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
Stephan Def Regular Member • Posts: 457
Re: Pricing for Product Photos?

Be careful. I once got a quote for a price for a service from a friend. He told me the regular street price (which was outrageous) and then he quoted me his "friend" price, which was around  50%. of that.  I later found another person who is not a friend and who did the exact same service for substancially less (33% of the regular price). So the Friend price was not so friendly after all, in my view. I now have very mixed feelings about this friend of mine. That is the mess you can get yourself into, ask yourself if it is worth it.

My biased advice: I would not charge him anything, because you did not agree on a price before hand. Tell him what it would normally cost (street price $1000) and that for him you will make this very complimentary exception,  because he is a friend and you did not agree on anything up front. You might suggest that obviously he owes you one...   Ask him if that is ok for him to go this route, if not let him suggest something to compensate you with, you might get very positively surprised.

Stephan Def's gear list:Stephan Def's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow