Best Nikon Wide Angle For Night HDR (14-24 too much flare?)

Started Jan 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CG_Photography Regular Member • Posts: 238
Best Nikon Wide Angle For Night HDR (14-24 too much flare?)

Hello Nikonians,

I shoot a Canon 5d mark II and do mostly wildlife/telephoto. As it turns out, I am going to Japan soon somewhat off the cuff. I want to give Nightime HDR a try on the colorful lights of the Tokyo streets, though it is not my usual style. My 5d Mark II will only bracket 3 shots which is not ideal for the wide dynamic range of the street lights. I therefore think that I am going to borrow Dads d800 which should do a better job on the HDR.  I will need to rent a wide angle for the d800.  I have always wanted to try the revered 14-24, but I fear the flare from all the street lights may be a problem.  I read that the 16-35 f4 is not quite as sharp.  I would prefer to avoid primes and manual focus if possible, but I am open to suggestions.  I will be renting so price is no object here.

Thanks

CG_Photography's gear list:CG_Photography's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D800 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D810 Canon EOS 5DS R +15 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow