GX7 -- falls naturally to hand and eye. Acute GAS attack!

Started Jan 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
robonrome
robonrome Senior Member • Posts: 2,204
Re: GX7 -- falls naturally to hand and eye. Acute GAS attack!

Hi Geoffrey, interesting you put it that way as I had a very similar experience when I was shopping for the 14-140mk2. It was on the GX7 that I hadn't paid much attention to - i'm pretty happy with my GH3 and love the ergonomics of that body. I must confess I was really very surprised just how good the GX7 felt in hand. The grip is far more substantial and effective than it would appear just to look at. EVF too very nice and I am a left eye shooter. Like you it's the tilting screen that puts me off… I tend to only use the screen on the GH3 for review and have it turned in while shooting, though I do like it for low portrait landscapes too. I'll probably pick a GX7 up at some point and keep it with the 14-140 and my primes, but no hurry …will wait for the price to come down toward the end of the year.

robonrome's gear list:robonrome's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus E-M1 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow