Advice request for iPhoto
I have aqcuired (euphemism for breaking the bank) a MacBook Pro before Christmas and am investigating how to organise my pictures/images. Since the MacBook comes with iPhoto I was thinking on using that.
I have moved from a Windows desktop and have transferred all my files onto the harddrive. So in case I will use iPhoto I need to import them into galleries (yes?). Now I would not want multiple copies of my files onto my MacBook, which I understand is what iPhoto does. I backup my files in two ways, namely, on a network drive and JPGs using my Zenfolio account. My questions are thus:
- If I have imported all my files into iPhoto can I afterwards delete the files from the original location they were imported from?
- From now on, I would like to use iPhoto as my primary organiser and will import from a memory card. I shoot RAW and will use PhotoNinja as my developer. When I save the files as JPGs then, will they automatically be part of the iPhoto file structure?
- If I then remove the RAWs again, will that be a problem?
Very basic questions maybe, but I could not find a clear enough answer elsewhere. Any input greatly appreciated!
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|White Pocket Frozen Pond by evanrassbcglobalnet|
from Rock Pools
|The Rock. by SpartanWarrior|
from Sea colors