Which noise reduction software do you use?

Started Jan 5, 2014 | Polls thread
cactus70 New Member • Posts: 4
I've tried a few but Topaz DeNoise is by far the best for me

Especially with old 1st generation digital point and shoots, You just get a decent amount of prestos to begin with then you have a great amount of control from there with all the sliders, especially for reducing .jpg artefacts and then you can reclaim some back through detail and more artefact reduction, add grain. 
Someone mention about adding a jpeg or tiff back into PS and that's the only gripe I have. I think Topaz in general has excellent products. DeNoise being the first I bought and boy did it fix up my Eurpoe photos from one of the 1st coolpix to hit the market. Define is strange, if you don't like it's pre calculated get and enter manually it's very powerful right off the bat.
In saying all this though, the noise reduction in Abode Camera Raw in both LR5 and PS6 is so good now I hardly ever need to use my de-noising software anymore when a few years ago it was necessary and still necessary if you're going to do some digital art pieces or HDR work everyone I know uses topaz because it's so fast with so many options and the de-banding was/is  fantastic, Define has that option it too as I'm sure others do. I just wish Apple would do something about Aperture, it's great to use but it's looking like they've kissed that goodbye. Sad really

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GDB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow