Close up and limited Macro usage suggestions

Started Jan 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
brentbrent Senior Member • Posts: 2,672
Re: Close up and limited Macro usage suggestions

I don't usually do this type of photography, but I recently bought a $45 set of Fotodiox extension tubes which allow closer focus with any lens, and which have electrical contacts to still allow full communication between the camera and lens, so I decided to try them out.

I just shot the following two photos with my GX7 and Oly 45mm lens. These are completely unedited jpg images, except for reducing the size. The first image uses just the thinner of the two Fotodiox tubes, which allowed me to fill the frame with the watch and still focus (I think I could have focused closer). I'd estimate that the camera was about 10 inches from the watch:

This one is just the Oly 45mm without any extension tube. This is the closest I could get it in focus:

These were quick outdoor shots, no attention to lighting. Click on them to view the original image. You should be able to see the EXIF data.

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow