FZ-18 Battery?

Started Jan 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
Jerry045
Jerry045 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,486
Re: FZ-18 Battery?

StillandMovingImages wrote:

"I have had very good luck purchasing spare batteries for all of the Panny cameras I have owned from www.bestbatt.com I never had any fit issues with any of them. They worked well on my FZ5, FZ50, FZ150 and ZS19 cameras."

Do they charge in the original Panasonic charger or do you have to buy the charger from bestbatt.com also?

The batteries charge the same in either charger. No problem there. My preference is for the third party charger, as it shows a green LED when done where the Panny charger shows nothing. I prefer a more positive indicator. But I have used the chargers interchangeably. The ZS19 has no Panny charger. It charges through the USB port, tying up the camera during the charge process. The third party charger eliminates that and lets me charge the spare battery while I can still use the camera.

The other nice thing about the third party chargers is they come with a cigarette lighter adapter so you can charge your battery while in a vehicle if you are not near AC mains.

I always buy the "2 batteries and a charger" combination, as it costs about the same as two batteries. (about $25-$30 US). I have a battery in the camera, a spare in the bag and one on the charger. I am never out of juice.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/av8tor045
Jerry

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow