Setting a long exposure time in camera without a remote ?

Started Jan 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
dwight3
dwight3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,493
Re: Setting a long exposure time in camera without a remote ?

Henrik 1963 wrote:

...I hope Nikon will not clutter up the menu system with near useless features.

I don't think going longer than 10 exposures or 30 seconds would clutter up the menu. The menu items are already there. We just want to change the limits within the menu item.

jkjond wrote:

...make sure you have fresh batteries as they don't last long for continuous shooting. It's the only time I've thought an additional battery grip would have been useful...

I did a stop-motion shoot with my D4. A fresh battery lasted about 5 hours. Tried it several times, variability was probably 10 minutes.

mactac wrote:

...The point of technology is to make our lives easier, and this seems like the perfect use of it. This is exactly what computers are for, to do little jobs like this for us...

That's your view. Nikon's view is that technology makes it possible to get customers to buy more stuff. That's why they keep updating the camera bodies...

Henrik 1963 wrote:

...I think that Nikon should build in WiFi in the cameras. And let us take control of the camera from an iPhone, iPad or whatever kind of phone or pad you have. And while they are at it build in some kind of radio trigger for flashes...

People on this forum have been asking for that for years now. Myself included. Unfortunately radio spectrum allocations are inconsistent globally, and each country has control over the frequencies used. That makes it difficult to sell a camera with wifi built in. Not impossible, but difficult.

dwight3's gear list:dwight3's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow