Who has sold thier mid-range and or kept bought primes?

Started Jan 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
larrywilson
larrywilson Veteran Member • Posts: 6,283
Re: Who has sold thier mid-range and or kept bought primes?

Yes, I would keep your 24-85 zoom for events where I need various focal lengths to capture the fast action instead of changing lenses every few minutes.

I shoot primes most of the time, just enjoy moving around more and creating shots.  I am taking off on vacation tomorrow for a week and I'm taking a 20mm, 25mm, 50mm and my Nikon 70-200mm f4.0 zoom.  The zoom will be used for capturing whales in action and the three primes will be used for landscape and a little street photography.  80 percent of the images on this trip will be landscape.  Actually the 25mm lens is my most used landscape lens, its manual focus so no problem with static subjects.  My 50mm f1.2 is for special images and maybe for some street photography.

I just enjoy shooting primes more than zooms.  Zooms make me lazy and I find more of my zoom shots are boring compared to a more creative prime shot.

Hope this helps.

Larry

larrywilson's gear list:larrywilson's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Tokina AT-X 70-200mm F4 PRO FX VCM-S +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KFZ
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow