A good small "companion" body for Olympus OM-D EM-1?

Started Jan 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
Bots_Revenge
Bots_Revenge Regular Member • Posts: 125
Re: A good small "companion" body for Olympus OM-D EM-1?

I have bought e E-PM2 for second (third actually) camera. I find its IQ pretty much indistinguishable from the E-M1. I have thought of buying a Panasonic camera but I prefer to have image stabilization in camera so I got the oly.

I find the usability of the E-M1 acceptable. I got used to it quickly and I adjust the camera with ease. If I have to choose a small camera again, it would be the E-PM2 again. The GM1 is very cute but I want in-camera stabilization.

So far I don't have a good pocket lens. I sold the kit lens quickly. Now I usually put the 12mm f2 or the 25mm f1.4 on it. That's not very versatile. At times I attach the 12-40 f2.8 but the balance of the camera goes down the drain. It's still useable, though. Things get serious when I add the Metz 58 AF-2 flash. Then the flash becomes my grip.

It's funny then because the combo looks like a tank with the proper barrel, the big tracks and instead of a real body you put a bucket in between But so what, it still blasts

Bots_Revenge's gear list:Bots_Revenge's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow