Setting a long exposure time in camera without a remote ?

Started Jan 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
aus4ever
aus4ever Forum Pro • Posts: 10,427
Re: Setting a long exposure time in camera without a remote ?

Stuart001 wrote:

As far as I know the in-built timer in the cameras won't extend to 30 minutes, and the interface is quite poor. It's ok for interval timer for time lapses, etc, and it does get better if you use it a few times, but it's not intuitive, that's for sure.

I use a Hahnel Giga Pro. Excellent little unit that does everything the Nikon unit does but it's wireless. It's good as remote trigger too, and will do time lapse sequences. I have the Nikon MC 36A too, and would recommend the Hahnel.

In Australia the Hahnel retails at around $100, and comes with connections for both the 10 pin for most cameras and the other connector for the D90 etc.

So it doesn't solve the problem, but you don't need to give Nikon the money!

I took your advice and bought a Giga T Pro II for $92 from Digital Camera Warehouse.
I think it's a real bargain.  My only concern are the batteries - one CR2 Lithium and one CR2032 .  I wonder how long will those last.

-- hide signature --

Bamboo ~
Defiant of all the beats it takes, it bends ... but not to bow too low,
And it cares not which direction the wind may blow.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow