Too late for x-pro?

Started Jan 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NPant New Member • Posts: 7
Too late for x-pro?

Hi there everybody,

I've been looking to pick up my first system camera after selling my G15, and am really not interested in having a big fat DSLR, and it does seem like the land of the fuji is the place to be. I am slightly put off by the X100s simply because of it's fixed lens (which isn't the fastest ) and am therefore looking at the X-E2 and the X-Pro 1. I think I would like the X-Pro 1 more simply because of the OVF which is very noice indeed. Then I caught the full frame bug and started looking wistfully at the Sony A7 which is available locally for about 1500 usd. With X-Pro 1 going for so cheap right now on ebay, and I can get new for 1200 usd locallly, is it too late in the X-Pro 1 lifecycle to purchase it? Is the extra 300 for the full frame a7 worth it? i know I'll be losing the OVF but the sony one is supposed to be pretty good, and there's that gorgeous full frame sensor. The lenses are limited I know for the a7, but I'd probably be more interested in putting an adapter and some older lenses on it anyway.
I would really appreciate some advice!

Thanks!

NPant's gear list:NPant's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
bzx
bzx
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow