Wireless tether from G6/GX7 to a Mac?

Started Dec 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
OP Jacques Cornell Veteran Member • Posts: 9,899
Thanks.

MrWalrusGumboot wrote:

My GH3 and GX7 both work with my iMac.
I did exactly what you did (except I didn't do it adhoc, I did it through my router).
The first time it was searching for the folder for a while and didn't find it. I was having trouble with the username and password screen. I ended up simplifying the computer name to 1 word no spaces and setup the password to a simple numeric password in network settings.
Again it took a long time to show the shared folder but it eventually did, then I saved the connection to my favorites and now it works quickly every time.
I'm happy to have a better look at my network settings to see if there is something I'm doing that your not.

I'll try it out. I'd really like to get it working direct from camera to MBP via ad hoc network so I can use it on location without bringing a router. I guess it wouldn't be too much trouble to bring my Airport Express, but less gear would be better.

-- hide signature --

jacquescornell.com

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +29 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow