When will the mirror die?

Started Jan 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
OP Ontario Gone Senior Member • Posts: 4,183
Re: When will the mirror die?

sportyaccordy wrote:

Mirror will never die. I have gone without an OVF (or even EVF) for about 3 years now, but OVF is still way ahead of EVF for certain specialized applications. Mirror will die when they can make a through the lens OVF without one.

"specialized applications", such as? I assume you mean  that which is the weakness of an EVF, action. So, translating your post, when they make an EVF which offers no noticeable lag, and which can offer resolutions that surpass our vision, then the mirror will die. We are almost there, somebody with 20/20 vision (myself for example) can only see so many pixels at a time. The GX7 EVF for example is up to 2.7 million dots.

On another note, EVFs will be able to match the DR of what a sensor can capture, giving us a perfect representation of what our photo will look like. Today's sensors cannot capture what a mirror actually shows us, because our vision's DR is far better than a sensor's. This offers misleading compositions to one who might not know otherwise. Of course the guys posting here have a built in light meter in their head, so no need for the above EVFs.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow