When will the mirror die?

Started Jan 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
OP Ontario Gone Senior Member • Posts: 4,183
Re: Planned incremental releases

Prairie Pal wrote:

All the technology and resources are available now to make huge leaps and bounds in order to fulfill all our wish lists and pipe-dreams. But profit is achieved from continually dangling the next carrot in front of buyers who mistake the increment as the peak rather than one of many profit plateaus being forced upon us. There is an understanding between corporations that they all stand to profit as long as one of them doesn't kill the golden goose by racing ahead of the pack. The old saying that there is no honor among thieves didn't take into account thieves with white collars. Look at how the big Canikons temporarily slash prices to selected inferior models where they are trying compete in the exact consumer demographic niches that Olympus and Panasonic (m4/3) and Fuji are making them look bad. They are effectively using their deep pockets to choke the innovative companies and further restrict their research and development.

So to answer your question; mirrorless will be universal when the CEO's damwell say so.

And this is the problem. If people wouldn't support a company like that, things would change. You see it, i see it, the masses don't see it. If we all resisted the advancement of technology as much as some of these DPR members, they wouldn't have those fancy DSLRs in the first place. What we have is another group of people who say "this is good enough for me" and snub their nose to anything that tries to be better, just like smart phone users. I am all for innovation, that is what mirrorless is, some people just don't get it.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow