When will the mirror die?

Started Jan 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
tko Forum Pro • Posts: 12,589
who cares?

You can't see the mirror, touch it, smell it. A camera is a camera. just a black box with buttons.

Basically, who gives a sh*t, except people waiting for history to justify their purchases?

If there is a new technology that offers better performance, I'll buy it. I don't care if that's tomorrow or 20 years from now.

Lets put it like this. How many of you have electronic keypad locks to get into your house, instead of mechanical keys? Why not, isn't an electronic lock cooler, faster, and more versatile? How many people have electronic LCD windows in their house instead of curtains? The cheapest dishwashers always use mechanical controls. Take a look at the latest Consumer Reports survey of the electronic control systems for cars. Something like 30% of people are unhappy with them.

Its not always the electronic provides a clear advantages. Sometimes mechanical is just better.

If I had to guess I'd say maybe 15 years for a new high-tech system to achieve 50/50 market share. Long enough for every present day mirrorless system to go obsolete, long enough for most of us to move on to something else.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow