Have a V1 & D90, pondering my next move..
I have a V1 that I really like (great IQ up until ISO 800 in color, BW up to 1600 but that's based on my taste) and I do love that lightning fast af. I also sport an old but low-ISO sweet D90.
Now, what's my next move? I need the following:
1. One little camera that basically follows me around. Normal to fast AF is a prerequisite. Normal but not class leading clarity in high ISO is considered a bonus.
2. A solid DSLR or other system where primes, zooms etc are in play i.e. an interchangable lens camera. Not going for less than APS-C (my apologies, all of you micro-4/3rd guys, this is just a reflection of taste, not sound rationale). Super ISO 3200 IQ needed.
I have a ton of NIKKOR's at home.
My next move?
I'd love a Fujifilm X100s and D7100 or D610 combo but I can't afford it.
NOW, here's what I'm thinking: just checked the low ISO spec's and raw images of a Nikon D3200, and was stunned how much better a ISO 3200 image was compared to my V1 or D90 (yes, I know, take it easy, there's a couple of generations of/or sensor sizes to take into consideration).
Why not go for the new D3300? Its small and portable, it beats the crap out of my D90 on almost everything, I can re-use my AFS primes (incl. the lonely 35 mm DX), and it blows my V1 out of the water IQ wise.
What do you say guys?
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jan 11, 2014|
|Jan 11, 2014||1|
|Jan 11, 2014|
|Jan 12, 2014|
|Jan 12, 2014||1|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!