Help please intepret sigma 35mm F1.4 tests
Howdy folks. My d800 is in for a service so I had a chance to do a quick test today with a mates d800e. We tested a bunch of lenses including his new 16-35, and ebay special 28-105d and his old 35mm f1.4 ais.
Tests were pretty quick and dirty, but I'd felt that the few shots I'd done on my canon 7d weren't showing the ridiculous sharpness this lens is supposed to show.
Tests supported this. 16-35 was sharper with @f4, the 28-105 was sharper at 5.6 than the sigma 35mm @ F4. (albeit with less contrast).
Note that the close up crops are not extreme corner, and that the RHS crops are more on the edge than the LHS crops so they should be worse not better. Is this a de-centred lens?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%