A7/A7R owners are hypocrites

Started Jan 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
Flat view
Dr hatem Ayman
Dr hatem Ayman Regular Member • Posts: 137
A7/A7R owners are hypocrites

Well not quite, you are wonderful but please read till the end.

I ordered the A7 and the LAEA4 adapter from day 1 from a local seller here in Cairo. Unfortunately it just arrived last week. During that time I was reading the forum on an hourly basis and came to the conclusion that its a niche camera more like a toy with useless AF , terrible border fringing and virtually no lens options whatsoever. In anticipation I bought 4 lenses

Minolta AF 50/1.4 and 28/2.8

Rokkor 20/2.8 and 50/1.4

All for a total of ~200 dollars from a local seller of used gear here in Cairo. When the camera arrived I was really awed and shocked. The AF (with the adapter) is so blazing fast that there is indeed no comparison to my other DSLR ( Nikon D800). The A7 is so much faster, when you turn on the camera I get the feeling the camera is practically kicking its feet to AF. In short this is an outstanding camera and I honestly see no reason to keep the D800 anymore. Besides even with the adapter it is still has a much smaller form factor that the D800, and the EVF, its a real beauty. All in all its a superb  camera guys. Unfortunately at this time and because of the negative and largely inaccurate posts on this forum I haven't sold my D800 yet.

Whats up with you guys, why dont you come out in the open and admit its a wonderful camera ??. why are you succumbing to the Sony bashers ??.

DISCLAIMER: I am no Sony fan-boy and I have no financial interest in Sony. I have always been a Canon guy (Since the AE-1) until the D800 came out and I got rid of all my Canon gear and replaced it with Nikon, and I will gladly do it again with Sony 2 years from now if Fuji for example comes up with anything better. In short I have no brand loyalty at all.

Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow