*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.04 ***

Started Jan 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
Michael L NYC 99
Michael L NYC 99 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,206
Re: Haven't been to the Zoo in years

Bob Tullis wrote:

We intended to go to the Botanical Garden's Railroad show, but it was swamped. Besides, the Bronx Zoo is where we fell in love about 40 years ago. It was the same type of day, too.

Nokton 42.5

Lumix 35-100 : "Is that. . . really. . . them? Geez. . . time hasn't been kind at all. . . "

I visit the Bronx Zoo several times a year and one of the first stops is always Jungle World, where those ebony langurs are on exhibit. They're usually very visible, but the slivered langurs in the nearby exhibit have more cover from tree limbs and leaves. I'm surprised you used ISO 3200 for the langur shot. I've shot there with ISO 400 or 800, but it must have been very overcast when you were there. I imagine lens fogging was an issue when going from the cold air into the warm indoors.

I like the shot with the snowy foreground. It looks mostly untrampled.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow