Are Full Frame SLRs Obsolete?

Started Jan 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Colin Smith1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,002
Re: Are Full Frame SLRs Obsolete?

dave wrote:

As a wildlife photographer you have heavy telephoto lenses to lug around. The slight difference in weight of a camera body is immaterial. Besides the large bright FF view finder is much better with those slow teles.

As others have pointed out, there are limitations for producing large, fast super telephotos for micro 4/3s and mirrorless cameras.  I am very satisfied with the tools I have now for wildlife.  The discussion on this topic has convinced me to continue to use what I have, even given the weight.  I purchased a rolling camera case that is small enough for airline carry on, and sold my old 500F4 L for the newer, lighter version.  I carry the 500 in a small back pack.  I also appreciate the suggestion to leave some lenses at home.  I am not as technical as many of you, and your responses have been very educational for me.  Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Colin Smith

Colin Smith1's gear list:Colin Smith1's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow