Sample Photos: EM-10 with new Oly 25mm 1.8 lens

Started Jan 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
D200_4me Veteran Member • Posts: 3,883
Stylus photos just prove...

What we've known all along.   Depending on the focal length AND the distance you are form the subject, it IS possible to get shallow DOF even with a point and shoot.  Too funny.  It would be nice if people that screech about DOF actually go out and try some shots with a point and shoot to see for themselves that you really can (in some situations) get that shallow DOF.

No, of course it's not ever going to be shallow like a full frame or even APS-C in most situations, but Robin's post just proved how hysterical people can get and how easy it is to fool people into believing a bigger sensor camera was used.

So anyway....we're all better off to go out and shoot and enjoy ourselves, rather than have endless pixel-peeping / gear debates.   It's one thing to discuss features and functions, but it's something else to constantly debate what ends up being nothing more than photographic technique and personal style.

CAUTION:  Point and shoot (P7000) shallow DOF photo below

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon D750 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow