*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.04 ***

Started Jan 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
sinkas Senior Member • Posts: 1,423
Re: More holiday pics

yyr wrote:

sinkas wrote:

Fantastic again. Any clues on the PP of the first two.

Thanks Daryl. The PP is pretty straightforward and I followed it for everything in this set. Here's an example.

I used a single exposure in RAW. Start in Lightroom, apply standard NR and adjust the highlights and shadows gives this....

Then used NIK HDR Effex and applied the 'Deep' pre-set. Fiddled around for a bit with the tone mapping and HDR effect settings, keeping the depth of the HDR effect at the more 'natural' end of the scale.

Finally back to Lightroom for final tweaks - a little crop, light adjustment, more NR and some sharpening. In the picture of the villa I also de-saturated a little

I enjoyed this style for this set of photos though obviously you would want to choose your subject. This was the first time I've played with HDR and it was fun.

Thanks Yaelle, I really appreciate your response. I thought I would be cheeky and ask as I am very much in the learning stage of PP and I was wondering about purchasing the Nik collection.

-- hide signature --

Regards Daryl

sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow