One Camera to Rule Them All...

Started Jan 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
digitalhecht Regular Member • Posts: 106
One Camera to Rule Them All...

I have been mulling this over for over two-three months now to the point of obsession. I am a current happy Canon 6D owner. (Ironically my first FF camera was a Sony RX-1, which I sold once I knew the goodness of FF. I wanted more versatility, hence the 6D after selling the RX-1. I still do miss it though...) Now that the RX-1 goodness comes in the versatile package of the A7/A7r, I comb the net daily for new reviews. I would like a versatile compact FF system that can be used more discreetly for street photography. I did pull the trigger once at Best Buy. Alas, typical of them, the A7 kit had been returned previously and with no documentation at all. So back it went before I had the chance to really play. (The same Best Buy is the ONLY store within 50 miles that still has it in stock. I GUARANTEE you they have had that same kit returned multiple times since!) So with a Metabones Speed Booster for EF lenses, the plan is to keep my two L lenses, sell off the Canon 6D body, three non-L lenses and X100S to help finance an A7 kit and 35mm FE prime. So, has anyone else made a similar move recently? Are you happy with your decision? (Stating the obvious: I fall into the hobbyist/enthusiast category. I am not a professional, but certainly not averse to making a few extra dollars at some point.) Thanks in advance for your input/feedback!

Ed

(Anyone is welcome to complete my subject line. ...And in the darkness, light them?)

Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow