Declining MFT/mirrorless camera sales?

Started Jan 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
Reg Natarajan
Reg Natarajan Junior Member • Posts: 33
Re: Declining MFT/mirrorless camera sales?

If I may say so, you're asking the wrong people.

It's been clear to me for some time now that the readers here are generally gearheads and, in many cases, the gear takes precedence over photography. I don't mean this as a slam, although I realize it may sound like one.  Some people collect stamps.  Others collect camera gear.  It harms nobody.

I'm also the wrong person to ask for different reasons. To my surprise, I find myself far less interested in camera phones than I thought I would be, even though I'm technically oriented and am generally very friendly to new technology. I just like holding well crafted cameras in my hands when I take photos and have settled on Fuji X as my preferred system.

The readership here doesn't matter and I don't matter. Those of us who read this site are in the tiny minority.  What matters is the overwhelming majority of people who are quite happy with the results they're getting from their phones, and who are turning photography into an art form that is vastly more timely and relevant than it ever was before, although admittedly at the expense of some level of craftsmanship. Many here don't like it and some of those are vocal about it but they really have no say in the matter.  None of us do.  The marketplace will make its decisions without consulting us.

-- hide signature --

Reg Natarajan

Reg Natarajan's gear list:Reg Natarajan's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-E1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow