RX10 'motor' noise recorded in video - what can I do?

Started Dec 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
lancespring Veteran Member • Posts: 3,974
Re: I think that there is a quality control issue here

2eyesee wrote:

That is very interesting - thanks for drawing it to my attention. I will pass this on to my Sony salesman.

Sorry to hear you are in the same predicament as me - but it's just as well you checked it out rather than just accepting it is normal for the RX10.

Would you say your unit sounds as bad as mine, based on the sample I provided?

The link you provided and your own experience suggests there may be a more widespread problem than just my faulty unit. Please keep this thread updated with any feedback you get from Sony - I'll of course do likewise.

Yes, it is indeed good that you brought this subject up, as I had not really taken a close look at the audio performance on my own camera.  I did not realize just how awful it was, until I did a recording in a quiet room.  I had looked at a lot of RX10 videos posted online, though, and noticed that they appeared to have acceptable audio.

I also own two camcorders: a Panasonic and a Canon, as well as a Panasonic GH3 that I have shot video with.  And none of them are remotely like what I am experiencing with the RX10.

The performance is just too substandard from my other cameras, for me to consider it to be acceptable.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow