New Mac Pro, Same ol' Aperture

Started Dec 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,593
Re: Without specifics it is just whining.

DenWil wrote:

Basalite wrote:

mgatov wrote:

I like Aperture. I like photostream. It meets all my needs. I like that Apple updates the RAW software to accept new cameras for free (unlike Adobe).

I shoot Sigma so my raw developing software is free and excellent. That said, even if I didn't I don't change my cameras like most people change their phones so I would have no need for constant free raw updates.

I like that major system software upgrades are so reasonably priced. I like the integration with iCloud.

Agreed, but some of the other things Apple is doing is not good at all. One should not be forced to upgrade to the latest Mac OS for Aperture updates. That's BS.

If you don't like Apple... there are other options available to you. Life is too short to be spent whining.

Telling people they are "whining" when they are simply expressing reasonable complaints is not a very nice thing to be doing. Forums exist for people to express their views and opinions. Try and respect that.

-- hide signature --

Have a Happy New Year

I have never used Aperture or Lightroom.

If someone came on and posted that their business is suffering because Aperture has not been upgraded to perform this function, or their printing is suffering because of this or their RAW files are lacking this then complaining or observing those specific Aperture's shortcomings would be viable.

Saying when is the new one, the company is failing because there is no new one, I want a new one - just because- is a crock.

Please post specific images which are less than they could be technically or artistically , how much it has cost you in lost jobs when potential clients stated your software was not good enough- and maybe at that point your self righteous indignation at a company for not publishing 4.0 will be validated.

As far as I can tell most people posting in this thread have used either or both. Is it therefore reasonable for someone who has never used either to criticize actual user concerns and desires regarding the app in question?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow