Wildlife & Nature Thread 2014, Week 1

Started Jan 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Me Tarzan
Me Tarzan Senior Member • Posts: 1,392
Wildlife & Nature Thread 2014, Week 1

Fellow photographers, I hope to start this weekly thread every Thursday or Friday throughout 2014. Please share your wildlife photos according to DPR's posting guidelines. I know they only allow 10 images per post.

With the Moderators' permission, I would like to set basic rules for this weekly thread.

1. NO CRITIQUING UNLESS REQUESTED.

The reason should be obvious. Obviously we post our images because we think they are worthy of a view. It's a thrill-killer when someone posts an image that they are proud of and that 'half a brain' person starts to pick it apart. It also places the other photographer in a position to defend his image. So let's agree not to do that.

IF you want some advice, just ask. I'm sure you'll end up having more than you could have ever imagined for.

2. ANY camera can be used to shoot the image.

This is inline with other forums who have weekly sharing threads. It opens the door for more participation and allows those with other brands to consider a Fuji. I have about a dozen of these buggers myself but also shoot with Canon, Panasonic, Sony and Nikon.

3. If you did not take the image, don't mess with it without permission.

4. If you'd like to say where you shot the picture, and other things that might add interest, please do.

5. I hope if you add an image that you'll take time to comment on at least one other image. Positive feedback, such as why you like a picture, is helpful.

6. If I have not started this thread by Friday evening, USA time, please feel free to rev it up! The more, the merrier, right?

7. Examples of images to include in this thread: birds, animals, fish, people amid wildlife, zoo images, state park related images, NRA images, anything to do with wildlife, yes even bird feeders whether they are manmade or human. They can be black and white, artsy and beyond. Also bugs, and I suppose even flowers and trees as they are part of nature.

Not exactly a rule, but if you can remember change the title to the name of one of your images. I oft forget to do this myself when posting in weekly threads.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow